Bu Blogda Ara

Dress to Impress..

Style Theory: It is coming up to the season of weddings, summer balls and summer holidays and it is so nice to own one gorgeous, slightly different dress to wear to these occasions. With the 70s trend gaining momentum I am loving all things maxi. I also love mixing fabrics, textures and colours to create a slightly statement look without looking over the top.


Some inspiration from Streetsylers..





Images via Pinterest

Best on the High Street now: 
I have selected my top maxi dress finds that would be perfect for a summer occasion and also can be dressed down for a summer holiday evening. I really prefer maxis with a sleeve, this mainly down to the fact that I am not too mad on my arms any more (getting old!) but also because they look more authentic 70s boho with sleeves....
Sister Jane at Asos Galaxy Dress £72

The star print on this layered maxi dress is eyecatching, it would be perfect for a summer wedding with high strappy black/tan sandals or add a pop of colour with orange strappy sandals. Wear a longline tux style jacket over the top and a sparkly clutch for a gorgeous look. Dress down with flat sandals (the Mango flats I have featured in previous posts) and a boho slouchy tan bag.

Free People @ Asos £128

The button through detail on this dress means you take the split as high as you dare. Again, a perfect dress for a wedding with strappy high/low sandals (love the ones on the model) and perfect for the those warm summer evenings on holiday.

BA&SH @Asos £195

A little pricey but I adore the print and shape of this dress, wear with tan accessories and let the dress do the talking. This is one to look out for when Asos has their summer sale..
Pepe Jeans Maxi Dress @Next £90

Love the slightly see through fabric with the underdress, wear this with metallic accessories and for a smart event with high strappy metallic sandals (see Cos for a gorgeous pair of silver high sandals) 

Mango Blond Gown £89
Completely left-field but I adore this dress, the colour of the season, 70s styling. Definitely one to try on but would make a real statement.
Mango Premium Striped Dress @John Lewis £34.99

More of a casual look, wear this with Stan Smith trainers and an oversize denim jacket for a cool summer look. It is ribbed jersey, would also look fab thrown over a swimsuit for the beach.

Free People Bonnie Dress £138

More of a midi dress but utterly boho cool, wear with strappy sandals to bring it into 2015 and give it an edge.


H&M Maxi Dress £29.99
I tried this on below and love it, I sized down to make it more fitted as I think this style needs to be fairly neatly cut to your figure to flatter. I am 5ft2 and found the length perfect (with heels) A gorgeous, reasonable dress, perfect for wedding, I would team with tan sandals and perhaps an orange large clutch.

I find maxi dresses really comfortable and easy to wear at parties as they are so elegant and also you don't have to worry about your legs being super toned and tanned...

Are you a fan of the maxi dress? Do you like the 70s boho look this year? As always I would love to hear your thoughts and comments, until next time Frances xx
0 Komentar untuk "Dress to Impress.."

Back To Top