Style Theory: Grown up shorts and Mary Jane shoes, the "Back to School' items I have bought myself that strangely mirror the kids school clothes. I think all the time spent shopping for uniforms in Marks & Spencer and shoe shopping in Clarks had an adverse effect on my and I decided I needed new shorts and shiny pair of shoes....
Here is what I bought:
![]() |
![]() |
| Jumper: Cos sold out in black but available in Navy and Red £55 Shorts: Cos £69 Shoes: Topshop £65 Bag: Marc Jacobs similar here |
The Cos sweater is my most worn item in the Autumn/Winter, I love the puff sleeve detail plus it washes so well (I've had it for a couple of years and it still looks good). The shorts/culottes are a great length, so comfortable and can be styled with a grey poloneck and brown 70s knee high boots in the winter..here are the details..
Cos Sweater
![]() |
| Cos Textured Knit Jumper £55 |
![]() |
| Cos Textured Knit Jumper £55 |
Adore this berry colour of the jumper - this is one for my shopping list, it will be the perfect addition to my Autumn Winter wardrobe. I love this colour with pink/navy/mustard and black.
![]() |
| Cos Chunk Knit Jumper £59 |
If you are looking for a black jumper, this Cos one is gorgeous alternative to the one I am wearing above. I love the shaping on the arms and the contrast knit, Cos are experts at this minimal, cool look.
![]() |
| Cos Roll Neck Neck £45 |
This roll neck is very fine knit so perfect under a larger jumper as a layering piece, if worn by itself you may need to wear a fine vest top underneath as it is see-through. The grey version is beautiful too.
The Shorts:
![]() |
| Cos Wool Turn up Shorts £69 |
These shorts, for me, are the perfect length just below my knee. They are so easy to wear, comfortable, practical and I think (although I think my husband disagrees) that they look stylish especially when worn with all black.
Mary Jane Shoes
![]() |
| Topshop Ginger Shoes £65 |
Love these shoes, especially the heels and where the ankle strap sits across the base of the ankle is really flattering. I find they fit true to size if a tiny bit big, but beware the ankle strap is small (I have it on the last hole) so definitely one to try on before buying if you can. I managed to walk in these all afternoon yesterday (not particularly comfortable but my feet survived!)
Oversize Bag
![]() |
| Topshop Oversized Holdall £36 |
I always find I need a an oversized bag if I am off out to meeting to carry everything (normally a pair of trainers, make up, purse, water etc) and this is is the perfect size.
So that was my little Back to School purchases..not for the schoolrun obvs but good for work and evenings out.
Have you treated yourself to any Back to School goodies..or is just the joy of the kids being back to school enough?! ;-)
I would love to hear your thoughts and comments, until next time Frances xxx









0 Komentar untuk "Outfit Post - Grown up shorts and Mary Janes"