Style Theory: Dungarees....denim, tailored or shorts have been back 'in' for a few years now, a marmite item of clothing you either love or hate them. I am in the 'love them' camp and have been further convinced of their coolness by bloggers such as Atlantic Pacific, The Frugality and Musings of London Mum who all style them beautifully. I tentatively dipped my toe in the dungaree water a couple of years ago (a bit wary as I am a bit in the old side for them!) with a grey, summer pair but got such stick from the husband I retired them to the back of the wardrobe never to be worn again. Well, I am trying again, completely inspired by Alex from The Frugality who was wearing these dungarees on Instagram. They looked fab and when I walked past them in my local H&M I couldn't resist...
![]() Dungarees: H&M £29.99 Leather Biker Jacket: Asos similar here Blouse: Zara £29.99 Clutch: &Other Stories Trainers: Stan Smith Adidas £67 |
I can report back these dungarees are incredibly comfortable made with a soft, elastane denim. They are stretchy but keep their shape and as Alex rightly said they are a 'grown up' dungaree. I really think I may be pushing it age wise with these but I just thought I would go for it anyway as they are such a good fit and will look fab with heels.
I also bought this top from Zara, this is the perfect blouse to add a little 'fashion edge' to your wardrobe.
![]() |
| Top: Zara £29.99 |
It was pretty reasonable and will look fab with kick flares and skinny jeans in the Spring. It comes in a few different fabrics I tried on them all apart from the gingham..
![]() |
| Top: Zara £29.99 |
![]() |
| Top: Zara £29.99 |
A useful little top, a word of warning, it is quite short, ok for us vertically challenged but not so good for you supermodels out there!
So there is a round up of my little birthday money spending spree, along with my Zara yellow coat which I have a feeling I will be wearing a lot. I am a huge fan of buying a couple of items at the beginning of the season which give my current wardrobe staples a little fashion lift and I think the dungarees, blouse and yellow coat with refresh a few looks.
Where do you stand with dungarees..for toddlers only? What are your fashion lift pieces this season? As always I would love to hear your thoughts and comments, until next time, Frances xxxx






0 Komentar untuk "Dungarees...really?!"