Bu Blogda Ara

The Great Dress Debate

Style Theory: As you may know, It's my 40th party this weekend and I am really not sure what wear?!! As usual I have left everything until the last minute, I really should have been on the ball when all the sales started in December but with Christmas and the fact I really was not too keen to be 40, I was somewhat distracted!! 

So here is what I have ordered so far, starting from my least favourite to what I think is the one I will feel most comfortable in. Apologies for the pale, generally uncared for and out of shape body, sock marks etc..these shots were taken manically before running up to get the kids. I am getting a spray tan today so hopefully should cover over everything and make me look slightly less pasty!
Needle and Thread @Asos Embellished Mesh Dress now £105
I love the net skirt on this and the sparkle but not so much the shape of the top (especially on my untoned arms), feel like this would look great if I was 25!
Needle & Thread @Asos Willow Embellished Midi Dress now £140

Really love the colours on this dress and the net and lace sleeves..this almost works but not quite..
Needle & Thread @Asos Giselle Ballet Midi Dress £95

Love this, it is really floaty and comfortable would be perfect for a summer birthday party..this one is a keeper to put in my summer stash of clothes!
DKNY @Net A Porter now £205

I had big hopes for this dress, it looks lovely from the back but not so flattering from the front! I think the grey would look good on olive skin...kind of love it but not quite right for me..
Needle & Thread @Asos Willow Maxi Dress £250

If I was going to ball, this would be perfect (although at 5ft2 I would have to get it taken up a foot!) I do love a maxi dress, perfect for winter party and covers up all sorts of Christmas indulgence. However as I am having my party in a bar this is a little too much..
Whistles Wrapover Lace Jumpsuit was £250 now £80
This is the one I am going to go for, as you may know I tried this on before Christmas and it just happens to fit me quite well. It is definitely made for us shorties and I had to size down a size. It is comfortable and dressy enough for my party. Covers my arms and legs..tick, tick and has pockets...another tick...I will have a spray tan this eve and all will be good! I will add some sparkle with jewellery and I am ready to party!

Although I really wanted something bright and statement I have gone for the opposite..but now I am a bit older I really think comfort rules (arghhh how old do I sound?)

So what do you think? What did you wear or what do you imagine you would wear for your 40th did you go for something statement or play it safe like me?

As always I would love to hear your thoughts and comments, next time on Schoolrunstyle I will be starting to look at the SS15 trends and the best buys on the high street that see you through this cold winter into the Spring and Summer..

Thank you for reading, Frances xxxx
0 Komentar untuk "The Great Dress Debate"

Back To Top