Style Theory: A dress, your partywear in one garment. Add a pair of animal print heels and a faux fur and you are ready to party..simple and effective!
![]() |
Here are my top 10 Party dresses available on the high street now. I have chosen ones that are not too sparkly, I like to wear sequin embellishment on casual clothes (sweaters, shirts etc) and like to use accessories to add sparkle to a Christmas dress....however, no doubt as it gets nearer and nearer to Christmas my need for over the top sparkly dresses will grow and more will be featured....here are my favourite dresses so far....
![]() |
| Oasis Leila Lace Dress £85 |
I would pair this dress with some leopard print heels and a sparkly or black Chanel-esque quilted clutch. A black drapey, long trench would look spectacular over this dress.
![]() |
| Asos Black Scuba Dress £95 |
Scuba fabric is all forgiving, the peplum hem will be really flattering on your legs. I love the deep plum colour, I would pair with black opaques and black heeled courts for an extra leg-lengthening look.
![]() |
| Me & Em Pleat Front Swing Dress in Deep Peacock £148 (fur snood separate) |
A heavy fabric that hangs beautifully. This dress can be easily worn casually or dressed up with a sparkly, statement necklace and heels.
![]() |
| Whistles In Smoke Dress £195 |
A beautiful, floaty midi dress, this again I would wear in the winter with opaques and black heels and in the summer with bare legs and strappy gold sandals, beautiful for year round wear.
![]() |
| Topshop Brocade Paisley Shift Dress £65 |
Not everyone's cup of tea but I really like the 60s vibe going on with this dress, it is a great layering piece and would look cool for a Christmas lunch with a fine black polo neck underneath, black opaque tight and some flat, black, pointed shoes. Or add grey ribbed tights and silver shoes for a cool, quirky look.
![]() |
| Zara Studio Dress £69.99 |
A beautiful, whimsical dress, perfect sheer coverage on the arms, I haven't seen it in store so not sure of the length and whether it would be a little too short, but with opaques you can definitely get away with taking hemlines up a little.
![]() |
| Zara Cape Sleeve Dress £45.99 |
I was looking for a cape dress everywhere last year and here we have one at a reasonable price. Simple and chic, just add extra sparkly shoes and clutch.
![]() |
| Comptoir des Cotonniers £170 |
A sweater and sparkly skirt combination in a dress..perfect!
![]() |
| & Other Stories £79 |
These structured dresses are always flattering, pick one of the colours in the print to match to an oversize slouchy, suede/leather clutch to (bright pink or electric blue would look striking)
![]() |
| Miss Selfridges Black and Lace £55 |
Very elegant, lace and a hint of sparkle and shine...no accessories necessary for this dress...
| MY STYLE: |
Over the last few days, a trip down to Winchester with my very best friends for champagne, mulled wine and Christmas Markets...
![]() |
| Coat: M&S Gilet: Primark Scarf: Becksondergaard Jeans: Topshop Trainers: Adidas Stan Smith |
For a dinner out with friends..my summer maxi dress layered with a jumper over the top and worn with my knee high tan boots
![]() |
| Dress: Topshop Jumper: Topshop Bag: H&M Boots: Russell and Bromley |
This week so far has not been a roaring success I am currently in with the little one on the third day of two ear infections and super high temperature...still the good news is he still wants to play every minute of the day (arghhhh)..so far this morning we have completed a 150 pce puzzle, built 20 different combinations of a marble run, built three lego sets, plus a train track whilst watching Planes...ahh the joys! Starting to panic about the very smart Christmas do I have next week, three days in eating mini mince pies and a family selection of Waitrose Christmas biscuits is not helping my ever-expanding waistline..still there is always spanx!
I would to hear your thoughts on your perfect Christmas dress, are you a low key or spangly kind of girl?
Next time perfect Christmas jumpsuits and separates..
Frances x











.jpg)
.jpg)
0 Komentar untuk "Top 10 Christmas Dresses"