Bu Blogda Ara

A Sprinkle of Sparkle and Shimmer

Style Theory: Tis the season to add a little sparkle and shimmer to your wardrobe....
Jumper and Leggings: H&M
Coat: Zara
It is only November so without going overboard I have looked at ways you can weave a little sparkle into your day wardrobe or add a little shimmer to an evening look. Here are a few day time looks from the Streetstylers to show you how it is done...

 



 




Images above via Pinterest
So it is possible to add a little winter sparkle to your outfits without looking like a Christmas decoration, the key is to play down the rest of our outfit.

SPARKLY JUMPERS: When wearing a sparkly jumper keep your bottom half low-key, ie: wear with a pair of distressed jeans (I still love boyfriend jeans) and trainers.
For an evening look wear your sparkly jumper with a pair of black or blue skinny jeans and non-sparkly heels (I like leopard heels that clash with the sparkle). Looks fab with a long camel or black coat thrown over the top. Keep jewellery to a minimum, fine gold jewellery works well, let the sparkly details on the jumper do the talking...

Here are a selection of sparkly jumpers available on the high street now:
Boden Embellished Sweater £99
A very subtle nod to sparkle, this Boden sweater is definitely not relegated to Christmas wear only. Wear for a christmas eve out with ankle length skinny black jeans and a pair of black courts for a stylish, sophisticated look. I would buy a size or so bigger so it is a slouchy look rather than tight.
Boden Sequinned Jumper £279
So stunning, soooo expensive, I thought I would add this as it is a gorgeous sweater but just on the highly expensive side!
Boden Embellished Collar Jumper £99
This jumper looks fab on, wear it at christmas with full-on gold sequin or embellished skirt and before and after christmas with your jeans a trainers for a chic and laid back look.
Topshop Necklace Jumper £46
A great basic sweater with a gorgeous sparkly detail around the neck. Again I would think about going with a bigger size rather than smaller as this will look lovely with jeans and looks better slightly slouchy-ish with a tulle skirt for a Christmas 'wow' look!
Topshop Scatter Necklace Jumper £46
Topshop Double Embellished Jumper £46
Zara Sequin Applique Sweater £45.99
Subtle sparkly jumpers can be worn through Spring too...

Warehouse Star Bead Jumper £42
Wear with a pair of leather leggings or leather skirt and pointed black shoeboots.
SPARKLY TROUSERS AND SKIRTS
Now for a look at sparkly trousers and skirts. When wearing these keep your top simple, think chunky jumpers (if you go somewhere where you will not overheat) or marl grey t-shirts or try Uniqlo for some great fine, merino jumpers that look great on but are not as warm as wooly knits. I love sparkly trousers with white trainers particularly Stan Smith trainers, it just takes a little bit of bravery to wear this look out in the day but try it, it  works!!
H&M Trousers £29.99
Ankle length trousers, wear now with a cream chunky sweater and trainers and wear for Christmas with a black fine knit and high black/leopard print heels.
Next Black Shimmer Harem Trousers £26
Again, I would wear these with a fine black sweater and heels for a cool look.

Topshop Quilted Metallic Joggers £35
Only for the brave, I saw these in Topshop yesterday and they are quite striking. Will try them on when I am next in and let you know what they are like on.

SKIRTS..

Next Midi Skirt £45
Wear with a fine merino sweater and black heels..
French Connection £120
Wear this with a chunky black sweater and knee high boots for a stunning lunch look..
H&M Skirt £24.99
Very similar to Alexa Chung's skirt above in the streetstyle images, like Alexa wear with a grey chunky knit and black heels.
H&M Embellished Skirt £49.99
Love this skirt, looks great with knee high boots and a black sweater, chic and sleek.
H&M Skirt £24.99
Not so subtle but a really stunning skirt, would look great with a chunky black sweater, black opaques and shoe boots.

MY STYLE
I was shopping in town looking for shimmer and sparkle inspiration. This Sadie Williams collection for &Other Stories really stood out. I adore this dress and skirt..it mostly sold out online but available in small sizes in-store in Oxford Street (the skirt was a size 8 and if I hadn't eaten so many mince pies over the last couple of weeks I would have bought it, it was just too tight across my ever expanding tummy..I still may go back for it as it was a stand out item)
Skirt £95 (I think)
Dress £125 (I think?!)
Trying out the double jumper look following Stella McCartney's gorgeous knitwear for AW14..
Roll Neck Sweater: Mango
Sweater over shoulders: Zara
Leggings: Zara
Skate Shoes: Primark

Just a little dip into all things Shimmery and Sparkly today..more full-on Christmas looks coming up on the blog later this month including my top 10 christmas dresses. Also some cheap and cheerful Christmas home ideas...all coming soon..

As always I would love to hear your thoughts and comments, have you indulged in a little sparkle yet? Until next time, Frances xxx
0 Komentar untuk "A Sprinkle of Sparkle and Shimmer"

Back To Top