Bu Blogda Ara

The 2014 Capsule Basics




Style Theory: Everyone's wardrobe requires some useful, practical clothes for everyday life....taking the kids to school or to chill out at the weekend, I do not claim my list of capsule basics are sexy but I can promise they are comfortable....

My Schoolrun Look:

Top: Petit Bateau
Jacket: Zara
Jeans: Topshop Baxter
Trainers: Adidas Stan Smith
Bag: TK Maxx

Here are a few basics for your wardrobe available on the highstreet now..

The Mighty Breton
Last year I bought a Petit Bateau breton, previously I had always bought cheaper ones but they did not wash well and the colours ended up running. I wanted one that was fairly thick and would not cling to my tummy, the Petit Bateau breton has come up trumps. It is pricey but has washed beautifully and looks just as good dressed up with trousers and heels as it does with my skinny jeans and trainers. Definitely worth it...
Petit Bateau £58
I really like the navy colourway, especially for the autumn, looks great with a navy blazer, boyfriend jeans and clashing patterned heels.

The Jumper
A jumper with some lovely details is always a good addition to your wardrobe, these Cos jumpers are a flattering fit with the slight puff shoulders, I have worn mine to death, both as a casual outfit with my baggy jeans and trainers and with my black skinny jeans and leopard print heels for a night out. I really like this navy one, it will be so useful to wear with blue skinny jeans and a pair of beautiful heels..
Cos Raised-Knit Jumper £49
The Jeans
Next on the list is a good pair of skinny jeans. To be honest I still do not think I have found my dream jeans that tick all the boxes required for a perfect fit, wash and details. The ones I always go back to are Topshop Baxter jeans, the wash is flattering, the fit is good and the price..pretty reasonable..
Topshop Baxter Jeans £42
These are a great colour and I am a big fan of a touch of distressing on jeans. These will look fab with a blouse (love this Warehouse one) and a pair of heels on a night out.

The Trainers
Every girl needs a good pair of trainers and I honestly love my Stan Smith trainers, they look just as cool with a dress or culottes as they are dashing up to school on the schoolrun..
Adidas Stan Smith Trainers £67 (neo white)
It is best to get the neo white trainers as they are slightly more worn looking and just look a bit cooler than the bright white Stan Smiths.
Or Zara has some fab white trainers..
Zara Perforated Leather Sneakers £39.99
The Jacket
A warm jacket is a must a weather turns colder, if you fancy a puffa style jacket (very on trend this winter) I tried this one on in Zara and just loved it on, it comes in khaki and black also but I love this yellow colour and even with my pale colouring I could just about get away with it..
Zara Short Anorak with Fur Collar £79.99
For a more classic but also really reasonable coat, you cannot go wrong with a camel coat and this one from Miss Selfridges looks really cute on and will go with everything..
Miss Selfridge Double Breasted Coat £59
A very neat looking coat, it comes up a little small so you may have to size up.

The Bag
For a chic bag that you can sling across you to leave your hands available for carrying school bags or shopping or if you are me normally both. This M&S one is very similar to the Mulberry Tessie Satchel but far less expensive..

M&S Leather Saddle Bag £59
This is a far better colour in real life, it is a deep wine colour and would look just as lovely with the yellow jacket as with the camel coat or a navy wool coat.

That is my round up of my most useful pieces in my 'Mum' wardrobe, what is your favourite run around outfit? What do you wear at the weekend, is a breton and jeans major building blocks in your wardrobe?
As always I would love to hear your thoughts and comments, until next time Frances xxx
0 Komentar untuk "The 2014 Capsule Basics"

Back To Top